5246-Food service counter attendants
Food service counter attendants
Food service counter attendants serve customers at food counters and finish preparation of simple food items in restaurants, cafes, hotels, fast food outlets, cafeterias, hospitals and other settings.
- serving food to customers at counters
- ascertaining the products desired by the customer, assisting customer in making a choice and taking orders
- cleaning, peeling, slicing and trimming foodstuffs using manual and electric appliances
- preparing simple food items and reheating prepared meals
- portioning and wrapping food or placing it directly on plates for service to patrons
- packaging take-away food
- stocking refrigerators, salad and buffet bars and keeping records of the quantities of food used
- receiving payment for food items purchased.
Counterman/ Cafeteria counter attendant
Attendan( bar: food service/ canteen: food /service) Attendan( counter: food service/ salad bar)
Salesperson( kiosk: food service/ market: food service)
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2279