Shop supervisors supervise and coordinate the activities of shop sales assistants, checkout operators and other workers in retail and wholesale shops such as supermarkets and department stores.
- planning and preparing work schedules and assigning staff to specific duties
- instructing staff on sales procedures, including how to handle difficult or complex cases
- ensuring that customers receive prompt service
- participating in and providing advice to managers on interviewing, hiring training, evaluating promoting and dismissing staff, and resolving staff grievances
- examining returned goods and deciding on appropriate action
- taking inventory of goods for sale and ordering new stock
- ensuring that goods and services are correctly priced and displayed
- ensuring that safety procedures are enforced.
Supervisor, sales assistants
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2271