Shopkeepers operate small retail shops either independently or with support from a small number of others.
- determining product mix, stock and price levels for goods to be sold
- purchasing and ordering goods for sale from markets, wholesalers and other suppliers budgeting and maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions
- determining prices and displaying goods for sale
- selling goods to customers and advising them on product use
- examining returned goods and deciding on appropriate action
- taking inventory of goods in stock.
Merchant Retail Trade
Shopkeeper (Retailer )Proprietor (retail trade)
Agent/ Proprietor (working) (import-export )
Florist, operating a shop
Retailer//Retailer, internet/Retailer, online
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2270