Driving instructors teach people how to drive motor vehicles.
- instructing students under actual driving conditions, and explaining and demonstrating the operation of brakes, clutch, gear selection, automatic transmission, signals and lights
- teaching road traffic regulations
- teaching road craft and road safety
- advising students when they are ready to undergo driving examination
- advising on and teaching advanced driving techniques required for emergency situations
- illustrating and explaining handling and mechanical operation of motor vehicles and driving techniques using blackboard diagrams and audiovisual aids.
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2266