5163-Undertakers and embalmers
Undertakers and embalmers
Undertakers and embalmers perform various tasks in the disposal of dead human bodies.
- making arrangements for, and conducting, funerals, cremations and burials
- embalming human bodies to retard or arrest the process of decay
- conforming to health and sanitation and ensuring that legal requirements concerning embalming are met
- incising and closing incisions on various parts of the body and reshaping or reconstructing disfigured or maimed bodies when necessary
- dressing bodies and placing them in caskets
- conducting interviews to arrange for preparation of obituary notices, to assist with the selection of casketsorurns, and to determine the location and time of burials or cremations.
Attendant (funeral / undertaker?s)
Director (funeral)/ Mortician/ Undertaker
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2264