Building caretakers take care of apartment houses, hotels, offices, churches and other buildings and maintain them and associated grounds in a clean and orderly condition. They may supervise other workers and contractors depending on the size and nature of the building concerned.
- supervising the work of cleaning, housekeeping and building maintenance staff and contractors
- participating in cleaning, simple repairs and maintenance of building interiors
- tending furnaces and boilers to ensure provision of heat and hot water
- regulating conduct of tenants and visitors in such matters as noise abatement or misuse of property
- providing small services to absent tenants such as accepting deliveries on their behalf or providing requested information to callers
- notifying management and owners of buildings of the need for major repairs
- patrolling buildings to ensure security is maintained
- filling out registration forms and providing tenants with copies of rules.
Caretaker/ Chowkidar (building) / Concierge/ Janitor (apartment house/ building)
Supervisor (auqaf property)/ Sexton/ Verger
Supervisor, air field (caretaker aerodrome)
Ayah, waiting room/Care taker, jockey room
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2261