Bartenders prepare, mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks directly to customers over a bar or counter, or through waiters.
- taking beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons
- preparing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks at a bar
- washing used glassware, cleaning and maintaining bar service areas, tea and coffee-making areas and equipment such as espresso machines
- collecting payment for sales, operating cash registers and balancing cash receipts
- tapping kegs and attaching supply lines
- assisting in keeping bar properly stocked and arranging bottles and glasses
- checking identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol
- taking steps to limit problems related to excessive drinking such, as persuading customers to stop drinking, declining further service and ordering transportation
- mixing ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks
- serving snacks or other food items to customers at the bar.
Attendant, bar: drinks service/Barista
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2256