Waiters serve food and beverages at tables in dining and drinking places, clubs, institutions and canteens, on board ships and on passenger trains.
- setting tables with clean linen, cutlery, crockery and glassware
- greeting customers and presenting them with menus and beverage lists
- advising on food and beverage choices
- taking orders for food and drinks and passing order to kitchen or bar staff
- serving food and beverages to clients at tables
- clearing tables and returning dishes and cutlery to kitchen
- presenting bills, accepting payment and operating point of sales machines and cash registers.
Teaman/ Waiter (food/ wine)
Steward, mess/ ship (food/wine)
Attendant/ Seater/ Clearer (canteen/ restaurant)
Sommelier/Steward, ship: dining saloon/Stewardess, mess
Waiter, head/Waitress/Waitress, head/Waitress, wine
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2255