Cooks plan, organize, prepare and cook meals in hotels, restaurants and other eating places, on board ships, on passenger trains and in private households.
- planning meals, preparing and cooking foodstuffs
- planning, supervising and coordinating the work of kitchen helpers
- checking the quality of food
- weighing, measuring and mixing ingredients according to recipes and personal judgment
- regulating the temperature of ovens, grills, roasters and other cooking equipment
- inspecting and cleaning the kitchen, kitchen equipment, serving areas, etc. to ensure safe and sanitary food handling practices
- operating large ?volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
Cook, canteen/restaurant/work camp/ ship
Cook, special diets/ vegetable
Cook, private service/ Laangri
Cook, (fish/meat) preserving/ sterilizing/ pressure
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2254