Transport clerks keep records of operational aspects and coordinate the timing of train, road and air passenger and freight transport, and prepare reports for management.
- keeping records of operational aspects and coordinating the timing of passenger and freight transport
- directing train routings within a division or zone of a railway system and keeping related records
- directing, controlling and keeping records of freight handling at a railway yard
- coordinating and keeping records of operational activities concerning road transport, such as allocation and scheduling of vehicles and drivers, loading and unloading of vehicles and storage of goods in transit
- coordinating and keeping records of operational activities concerning air transport of passengers and freight, such as passenger lists and freight manifests
- preparing reports for management.
Transport clerks / Checker, bogey (railway)/Clerk, air transport operations/ forwarding (shipping and receiving)/Dispatcher, clerical (air transport/ boat/ gas/oil pipelines/ railway/ road transport)/ Shedman
Berthing master / Controller, clerical (airline traffic/ railway service/ road transport. service)/ Inspector/ Superintendent, clerical (road transport service)/ railway transport service/ traffic investigation
Examiner, train / Inspector, shed/ Yardman (railway)
Float master / Clerk, logistics
Clerk( dispatch: air transport/ flight operations freight: receiving/ freight: routing, freight: shipping/freight: traffic/ goods: railway
Controller, clerical( air transport service/ airline traffic/railway service/ train/ transport service)
Dispatcher clerical( aircraft/ boat/ bus/ gas pipelines/ oil pipelines/railway /train/ transport service/ truck)/Inspector, clerical( railway transport (service)/ road transport service)
Superintendent(clerical: barge/ cargo/ ferry/ quay/ water transport (terminal)/ wharf/ Yardmaster, railway)/ Wharfinger
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2243