Secretaries (general) use typewriters, personal computers or other word-processing equipment to transcribe correspondence and other documents, check and format documents prepared by other staff, deal with incoming and outgoing mail, screen requests for meetings or appointments, and perform a variety of administrative support tasks.
- checking, formatting and transcribing correspondence, minutes and reports from dictation, electronic documents or written drafts to conform to office standards, using typewriter, personal computer or other word processing equipment
- using various computer software packages including spreadsheets to provide administrative support
- dealing with incoming or outgoing mail
- scanning, recording and distributing mail, correspondence and documents
- screening requests for meetings or appointments and helping to organize meetings
- screening and recording leave and other staff-members' entitlements
- organizing and supervising filing systems
- dealing with routine correspondence on their own initiative.
Secretary/ Stenography (typing/ word processing)
Secretary, union council
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2223