3522-Telecommunications engineering technicians
Telecommunications engineering technicians
Telecommunications engineering technicians perform technical tasks connected with telecommunications engineering research, as well as with the design, manufacture, assembly, construction, operation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems.
- providing technical assistance connected with research and the development of telecommunications equipment, or testing prototypes
- studying technical material such as blue prints and sketches to determine the method of work to be adopted
- preparing detailed estimates of quantities and costs of materials and labour required for the manufacture and installation of telecommunications equipment, according to the specifications given
- providing technical supervision of the manufacture, utilization, maintenance and repair of telecommunications systems to ensure satisfactory performance and compliance with specifications and regulations
- applying technical knowledge of telecommunications engineering principles and practices in order to identify and solve problems arising in the course of their work.
Supervisor (control room (radio/television)/control transmission (broadcasting))
Technician, control room (radio and television broadcasting)
Telecommunication-engineering technician (aerospace/other/radar/signal systems/radio/television/telegraph/telephone/other)
Officer( ship: radio/ morse code/ radio equipment: flight/ radio equipment: landbased/ radio equipment: sea-based) Operator( telecommunications: equipment/ telegraphic equipment)/telegrapher
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2221