3511-Information and communications technology operations technicians
Information and communications technology operations technicians
Information and communications technology operations technicians support the day-to-day processing, operation and monitoring of information and communications technology systems, peripherals, hardware, software and related computer equipment to ensure optimal performance, and identify any problems.
- operating and controlling peripheral and related computer equipment
- entering commands, using computer terminal, and activating controls on computer and peripheral equipment to integrate and operate equipment
- monitoring systems for equipment failure or errors in performance
- notifying supervisor or maintenance technician of equipment malfunctions
- responding to program error messages by finding and correcting problems, escalating the problem to other staff or terminating the program
- reading job set-up instructions to determine equipment to be used, order of use, material such as disks and paper to be loaded, and control settings
- retrieving, separating and sorting program output as needed, and sending data to specified users
- loading peripheral equipment, such as printers, with selected materials for operating runs, or oversee loading of peripheral equipment by peripheral equipment operators.
Operator , computer
Operator , computer peripheral equipment
Assistant, computer: engineering (operations)/Operator, computer printer: highspeed Operator,
Technicianh,i gehn-gsipneeeedri npgri:n styers t(ecmoms (pcuotmerp) uters
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2216