Photographers operate still cameras to photograph people, events, scenes, materials, products and other subjects.
- taking photographs for advertising, or other commercial, industrial or scientific purposes and to illustrate stories and articles in newspapers, magazines and other publications
- taking portrait photographs of persons and groups of persons
- studying requirements of a particular assignment and decide on type of camera, film, lighting and background accessories to be used
- determining picture composition, making technical adjustments to equipment and photograph subject
- operating scanners to transfer photographic images to computers
- operating computers to manipulate photographic images
- adapting existing photographic images to create new digitized images to be included in multimedia products
- using airbrush, computer or other techniques to create the desired visual effect.
Photographer (advertising/commercial/fashion/micro)/ architecture/industrial/ medical/ news)/Photojournalist
Journalist, photo/Micro photographer/Operator, camera: still photography
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2211