3355-Police inspectors and detectives
Police inspectors and detectives
Police inspectors and detectives investigate facts and circumstances relating to crimes committed in order to identify suspected offenders and obtain information not readily available or apparent concerning establishments or the circumstances and behaviour of persons, mostly in order to prevent crimes.
- (a) establishing contacts and sources of information about crimes planned or committed, in order to prevent crimes or identify suspected offenders
- obtaining and verifying evidence by examining crime and accident scenes for clues and physical evidence, interviewing witnesses and suspects and analyzing documents and computer files
- analyzing evidence in order to solve crimes, identify criminal activity and gather information for court cases
- establishing contacts and sources of information not readily available or apparent concerning establishments or the circumstances and behaviour of persons, usually with the aim of preventing a crime
- making arrests
- testifying in courts of law or reporting to superiors about circumstances and results of investigations.
Inspector (assistant/sub) police
Inspector, ranger police
Agent, inquiry (police)
Officer, cypher/ Detective, store
Sepoy , ranger police
Detective, police/Inspector, detective/Investigator, police/Officer, police: detective/Officer, police: inspector/Sergeant, detective
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2203