3351-Customs and border inspectors
Customs and border inspectors
Customs and border inspectors check persons and vehicles crossing national borders to administer and enforce relevant government rules and regulations.
- patrolling national borders and coastal waters to stop persons from illegally entering or leaving the country and from illegally importing or exporting currency or goods
- checking travel documents of persons crossing national borders to ensure that they have the necessary authorizations and certificates
- inspecting the luggage of persons crossing national borders to ensure that it conforms to government rules and regulations concerning import or export of goods and currencies
- examining transport documents and freight of vehicles crossing national borders to ensure conformity with government rules and regulations concerning goods in transit and the import and export of goods, and to verify that necessary payments have been made
- detaining persons and seizing prohibited and undeclared goods found to be in violation of immigration and customs laws
- coordinating and co-operating with other agencies involved in law enforcement, deportation and prosecution
- performing related administrative tasks to record findings, transactions, violations and determinations
- when necessary, testifying in a court of law about the circumstances and results of investigations carried out.
Appraiser (principal)/ Preventive officer/ Superintendent (deputy), customs
Inspector (border/customs)/Officer, passport checking
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2199