Medical secretaries, using specialized knowledge of medical terminology and health care delivery procedures, assist health professionals and other workers by performing a variety of communication, documentation, administrative and internal coordination functions, to support health workers in medical facilities and other health-care related organizations.
- scheduling and confirming medical appointments and communicating messages for medical staff
- and patients
- compiling, recording and reviewing medical charts, reports, documents and correspondence
- interviewing patients to complete forms, documents and case histories
- completing insurance and other claims forms
- maintaining medical files and records and technical library
- preparing financial statements and billing procedures
- assisting in the preparation of budgets, drafting of contracts and purchasing or acquisition orders
- supervising the work of office support workers and other office staff.
Medical practice manager
Medical office administrative assistant/ Assistant, administrative: doctors surgery/Assistant, /administrative: medical office/Assistant, secretarial: doctors surgery/Assistant, secretarial: medical
Hospital ward secretary/ Secretary, dental/Secretary, doctor's/Secretary, hospital ward/ Secretary, medical/Secretary, medical insurance billing/Secretary, medical laboratory/Secretary, patient care
Patient care secretary
Source Of Info:
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2198