Legal secretaries apply specialized knowledge of legal terminology and procedures in providing support to legal professionals with communication, documentation and internal managerial co-ordination activities, in law offices, legal departments of large firms and governments.
- preparing and processing legal documents and papers, such as deeds, wills, affidavits and briefs
- reviewing and proofreading documents and correspondence to ensure compliance with legal procedures
- mailing, faxing, or arranging for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials
- organizing and maintaining documents, case files and law libraries
- screening requests for meetings, scheduling and organizing meetings
- assisting in the preparation of budgets, monitoring of expenditures, drafting of contracts and purchasing or acquisition orders
- supervising the work of office support workers.
Legal practice manager
ssistant( administrative: legal/ executive: legal/ legal: /secretarial tasks)
anager, legal practice
aralegal, secretarial tasks
ecretary, conveyance/Secretary, litigation/Secretary, paralegal
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2196