3255-Physiotherapy technicians and assistants
Physiotherapy technicians and assistants
Physiotherapy technicians and assistants provide physical therapeutic treatments to patients in circumstances where functional movement is threatened by injury, disease or impairment. Therapies are usually provided as per rehabilitative plans established by a physiotherapist or other health professional.
- administering manual treatments such as massage therapy or pressure point therapy
- administering electrical modality treatments, ultrasound, and other physical therapies using specialized techniques and equipment, including infra-red lamps, wet compresses, and herbal and mineral therapies
- instructing, motivating, safeguarding and assisting patients as they practice physical exercises, relaxation techniques and functional activities
- conferring with physiotherapists or other health care providers to evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment
- monitoring and recording patients' progress during treatments, including measuring their range-of-joint motion and vital signs
- (f) fitting patients for orthopedic braces, prostheses, and other physical supportive devices such as crutches, and instructing patients in the use of such devices.
Aide, therapist: physiotherapy/Aide, therapy: physiotherapy
Assistant, allied health: physiotherapy/Assistant, hydrotherapy/Assistant, physiotherapy Assistant, technical: physiotherapy/Assistant, therapy: physiotherapy
Masseur/Masseuse/Technician, hydrotherapy/Technician, physical rehabilitation/ Technician, physiotherapy/Therapist, acupressure
Therapist, hydrotherapy/Therapist, shiatsu
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2176