Forestry technicians perform technical and supervisory functions in support of forestry research and forest
management, harvesting, resource conservation and environmental protection.
- conducting forest inventories, surveys and field measurements following accepted scientific and operational procedures
- assisting in and performing technical functions in the preparation of forest management and harvest plans using photogrammetric and mapping techniques and computerized information systems
- assisting in planning and supervision of construction of access routes and forest roads
- implementing, supervising and performing technical functions in silvicultural operations involving site preparation, planting, and tending of tree crops
- coordinating activities such as timber scaling, forest fire suppression, disease or insect control or pre- commercial thinning of forest stands
- supervising and performing technical functions in forest harvesting operations
- ensuring adherence to regulations and policies concerning environmental protection, resource utilization, fire safety and accident prevention
- supervising forest tree nursery operations
- providing technical support to forestry research programs in areas such as tree improvement, seed orchard operations, insect and disease surveys or experimental forestry and forest engineering research
- preparing forest cultivation and cutting plans.
Technician ( silviculture/ forestry)
Forest , assistant
Technician, forest survey/Technologist, forestry
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2158