3135-Metal production process controllers
Metal production process controllers
Metal production process controllers operate and monitor multi-function process control machinery and equipment to control the processing of metal converting and refining furnaces, metal-rolling mills, metal heat-treating, or metal-extrusion plant.
- coordinating and monitoring the operation of a particular aspect of metal processing production through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems, usually from a central control room
- operating multi-function central process control machinery to grind, separate, filter, melt, roast, treat, refine or otherwise process metals
- observing computer printouts, video monitors and gauges to verify specified processing conditions and to make necessary adjustments
- coordinating and supervising production crew such as machine and process operators, assistants and helpers
- starting up and shutting down the production system in cases of emergency or as required by schedule
- providing and organizing training for members of production crew
- maintaining shift log of production and other data and preparing production and other reports.
Blast furnace operator
Central control caster
Metal processing control operator
Rolling mill control operator
Operator( control-panel: blast furnace/ control-panel: metal production control-panel: smelting/ furnace: converting (non-ferrous metal)/ furnace: converting (steel)/ furnace: melting (metal) / furnace: metal smelting (blast furnace)/ furnace: refining (non-ferrous metal))/Operator, furnace: refining (steel)/Operator, furnace: smelting (metal) /Operator, furnace: steel refining (electric-arc furnace)/Operator, furnace: steel refining (open-hearth furnace)/Operator, pot room: aluminum/Operator, pot: aluminum/Operator, pot line: aluminum/Operator, smelter
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2154