3116-Chemical engineering technicians
Chemical engineering technicians
Chemical engineering technicians perform technical tasks to aid in chemical engineering research, and in the design, manufacture, construction, operation, maintenance and repair of chemical plant.
- assisting in research on and development of industrial chemical processes, plant and equipment, or testing prototypes
- designing and preparing layouts of chemical plants according to the specifications given
- preparing detailed estimates of quantities and costs of materials and labour required for manufacture and installation according to the specifications given
- (d). monitoring technical aspects of the construction, installation, operation, maintenance and repair of chemical plants to ensure satisfactory performance and compliance with specifications and regulations
- (e). conducting chemical and physical laboratory tests to assist scientists and engineers in making qualitative and quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, and gaseous materials.
Technician, chemical- engineering (petroleum)/ (process)
Technician, engineering (natural gas production and distribution)/ (petroleum)
Technician, (leather/ paint/ paper/ plastics/ rubber/ wood)
Tester, pulp and paper
Technician, (agricultural/ production engineering)
Estimator, engineering (chemical)
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2143