3111-Chemical and physical science technicians
Chemical and physical science technicians
Chemical and physical science technicians perform technical tasks to aid in research in chemistry, physics, geology, geophysics, meteorology and astronomy, and in the development of industrial, medical, military and other practical applications of research results.
- collecting samples and preparing materials and equipment for experiments, tests and analyses
- carrying out routine laboratory tests and performing a variety of technical support functions to assist chemical and physical scientists in research, development, analysis and testing
- (c).controlling the quality and quantity of laboratory supplies by testing samples and monitoring usage and preparing detailed estimates of quantities and costs of materials and labour required for projects, according to the specifications given
- setting up, operating, and maintaining laboratory instruments and equipment, monitoring experiments, making observations, and calculating and recording results
- preparing materials for experimentation such as freezing and slicing specimens and mixing chemicals
- collecting and testing earth and water samples, recording observations and analyzing data in support of geologists or geophysicists.
Assistant, laboratory (chemical/educational institutes/medical)
Technician (chemistry/physics/astronomy/geology/geophysics/ meteorology/ oceanography)
Tester, petroleum refinery
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2138