Actors portray roles in motion pictures, television or radio productions and stage shows.
- learning lines and cues and playing parts in dramatic productions on stage, commercials, television, radio or in motion pictures
- assuming characters created by a playwright or author and communicating this to an audience
- telling stories or reading literary works aloud to educate or entertain listeners
- attending auditions and casting calls in order to audition for roles
- preparing for performances through rehearsals under the instruction and guidance of production directors
- reading scripts and undertaking research to gain understanding of parts, themes and characteristics
- acting parts and portraying roles as developed in rehearsals in film, television, radio and stage productions.
Actor/actress (any specialism)/ Artist (dramatic)
Story-teller (any medium)
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2135