Visual artists create and execute works of art by sculpting, painting, drawing, creating cartoons, engraving or using other techniques.
- conceiving and developing ideas, designs and styles for paintings, drawings and sculptures
- arranging objects, positioning models, and selecting landscapes and other visual forms according to chosen subject matter
- selecting artistic media, method and materials
- creating representational or abstract three-dimensional or relief forms by shaping, carving and working and combining materials such as, wood, stone, clay, metal, ice or paper
- creating representational or abstract drawings and paintings using pencils, ink, chalk, oil paints, water colours or through the application of other techniques
- creating drawings and engraving or etching them on metal, wood, or other materials
- creating cartoons to depict persons and events, often in caricature
- restoring damaged, soiled and faded paintings and other art objects.
Artist (graphic/ layout/ paintings/ poster/ creative/ landscape/ commercial/ fashion creation)
Painter, miniatures/ portrait/ picture restorer
Caricaturist / Cartoonist, motion picture
Engraver (creative/ artistic) /Artist, ceramic
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2131