Religious professionals function as perpetuators of sacred traditions, practices and beliefs. They conduct religious services, celebrate or administer the rites of a religious faith or denomination, provide spiritual and moral guidance and perform other functions associated with the practice of a religion.
- perpetuating sacred traditions, practices and beliefs
- conducting religious services, rites and ceremonies
- undertaking various administrative and social duties, including participating in committees and meetings of religious organizations
- providing spiritual and moral guidance in accordance with the religion professed
- propagating religious doctrines in own country or abroad
- preparing religious sermons and preaching?s
- developing and directing study courses and religious education programmes
- counseling individuals regarding interpersonal, health, financial, and religious problems
- scheduling and participating in special events such as camps, conferences, seminars, and retreats.
Allama/ Hafiz/ Imam/ Khatib/ Maulana/ Moazzan/ Moullim/ Mufti/ Qari/ mullah
Bonze/ Member of religious orders (non-muslim)/ Counselor/ Minister, religion (clergyman)/ Talapoin/Poojari
Bishop (arch-) / Chaplain/ Curate/ Missionary/ Monk (professional)/ Nun (professional)/ Pastor/ Priest/ Rabbi/ Vicar/Rector, Religion/ Monsignor
Source Of Info:
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2127