2521-Database designers and administrators
Database designers and administrators
Database designers and administrators design, develop, control, maintain and support the optimal performance and security of databases.
- designing and developing database architecture, data structures, tables, dictionaries and naming conventions for information systems projects
- designing, constructing, modifying, integrating, implementing and testing database management systems
- conducting research and providing advice on the selection, application and implementation of database management tools
- developing and implementing data administration policy, documentation, standards and models
- developing policies and procedures for database access and usage and for the backup and recovery of data
- performing the operational establishment and preventive maintenance of backups, recovery procedures, and enforcing security and integrity controls.
Database analyst/ Database architect
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2113