Software developers research, analyze and evaluate requirements for existing or new software applications and operating systems, and design, develop, test and maintain software solutions to meet these requirements.
- researching, analyzing and evaluating requirements for software applications and operating systems
- researching, designing, and developing computer software systems
- consulting with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software
- developing and directing software testing and validation procedures
- modifying existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance
- directing software programming and development of documentation
- assessing, developing, upgrading and documenting maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
- consulting with customers concerning maintenance of software system.
Developer, applications: computing (except web)/Engineer, computer: applications/Engineer, computer: systems
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2109