2341-Primary school teachers
Primary school teachers
Primary school teachers teach a range of subjects at the primary education level.
- preparing daily and longer term lesson plans in accordance with curriculum guidelines
- instructing children individually and in groups, using various teaching methods and materials (e.g. computers, books, games), adapting to children?s varying needs
- maintaining discipline and good working habits in the classroom
- planning and conduct activities with the children such as sporting activities, concerts and excursions
- assigning and grading class work and homework
- preparing, administering, and grading tests and assignments to evaluate children?s progress
- observing and evaluating children?s performance and behaviour
- supervising children during classes and at other times in the school day, including the playground during breaks
- participating in staff meetings and other sessions, and conferring with other teachers concerning educational issues
- preparing for and attending parent meetings to discuss children?s progress and problems.
Teacher, primary education/ reading/ writing (professional/ associate)
Master, primary education\Mistress, primary education
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2088