2269-Health professionals not elsewhere classified
Health professionals not elsewhere classified
This unit group covers health professionals not classified elsewhere in sub-major group 22, Health professionals. For instance, the group includes occupations such as podiatrists, occupational therapist and other health professionals.
In such cases tasks would include
- interviewing patients and conducting diagnostic tests to determine their health status and the nature of physical or mental disorders, illnesses or other health problems
- developing and implementing treatment plans for injuries, illnesses and other physical and mental impairments evaluating and documenting patients' progress through treatment plans, and referring patients and families to medical doctors or other health care providers for specialized, rehabilitative or other care services as needed
- assessing functional limitations of clients resulting from illness, disability or other impairment, and providing therapy
- recommending environmental adaptations in the home, leisure, work and school environments on an individual or group basis to enable them to perform their daily activities and occupations
- planning and implementing therapeutic programs on an individual and group basis for improving and maintaining physical, cognitive, emotional and social functioning, including through the use of arts and crafts, dance and movement, music and other recreational activities
- (g) identifying and prescribing treatments for conditions affecting the foot, ankle and related structures of the leg due to illness, disease or other physical impairment, and prescribing corrective footwear and advising on foot care to manage foot ailments
- performing minor surgical procedures such as on the foot and ankles.
Dance and movement therapist/ Gymnast
Chiropodist/Chiropractor/Doctor, chiropractic/Gymnast, remedial/Therapist, arts/Therapist, blind/Therapist, drama/Therapist, music/Therapist, orientation of the blind/Therapist, poetry/speech
Professionals, health (except nursing) n.e.c.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2084