2267-Optometrists and ophthalmic opticians
Optometrists and ophthalmic opticians
Optometrists and ophthalmic opticians provide diagnosis, management and treatment services for disorders of the eyes and visual system. They counsel on eye care and prescribe optical aids or other therapies for visual disturbance.
- examining patients? eyes and conducting diagnostic tests to assess ocular health and determine the nature and extent of vision problems and abnormalities
- testing visual function using specialized instruments and equipment for measuring visual acuity and refractive error, function of visual pathways, visual fields, eye movements, freedom of vision and traocular pressure
- detecting, diagnosing and managing eye disease, including prescribing medications for the treatment of eye disease
- consulting with and referring patients to ophthalmologists or other health professionals if additional medical treatment is necessary
- detecting and diagnosing eye movement disorders and defects of binocular function, and planning and managing treatment programs, including counselling patients in eye exercises to coordinate movement and focusing of eyes
- prescribing corrective eyeglasses, contact lenses and other vision aids, and checking optical devices for performance, safety, comfort and lifestyle
- (g) advising on visual health matters such as contact lens care, vision care for the elderly, optics, visual ergonomics, and occupational and industrial eye safety.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
Source Of Info:
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2083