2265-Dieticians and nutritionists
Dieticians and nutritionists
Dieticians and nutritionists assess, plan and implement programs to enhance the impact of food and nutrition on human health.
- instructing individuals, families and communities on nutrition, the planning of diets and preparation of food to maximize health benefits and reduce potential risks to health
- planning diets and menus, supervising the preparation and serving of meals, and monitoring food intake and quality to provide nutritional care in settings offering food services
- compiling and assessing data relating to health and nutritional status of individuals, groups and communities based on nutritional values of food served or consumed
- (d) planning and conducting nutrition assessments, intervention programmes, and education and training to improve nutritional levels among individuals and communities
- consulting with other health professionals and care providers to manage the dietary and nutritional needs of patients
- developing and evaluating food and nutrition products to meet nutritional requirements
- conducting research on nutrition and disseminating the findings at scientific conferences and in other settings.
Consultant, dietetic (food processing)
Nutritionist (public health/ Sports)
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2081