Veterinarians diagnose, prevent and treat diseases, injuries and dysfunctions of animals. They may provide care to a wide range of animals or specialize in the treatment of a particular animal group or in a particular specialty area, or provide professional services to commercial firms producing biological and pharmaceutical products.
- determining the presence and nature of abnormal conditions by physical examination, laboratory testing and through diagnostic imaging techniques including radiography and ultrasound
- treating animals medically and surgically, and administering and prescribing drugs, analgesics, and general and local and aesthetics
- performing surgery, dressing wounds and setting broken bones
- rendering obstetric and dental services to animals
- participating in programs designed to prevent the occurrence and spread of animal diseases
- inoculating animals against, and testing for, infectious diseases and notifying authorities of outbreaks of infectious animal diseases
- performing autopsies to determine cause of death
- advising clients on health, nutrition and feeding, hygiene, breeding and care of animals
- providing euthanasia services for animals.
Veterinarian/ Veterinary Doctor
Veterinarian, epidemiology / Intern, veterinary
Veterinarian, public health
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2076