Landscape architects plan and design landscapes and open spaces for projects such as, parks, schools, institutions, roads, external areas for commercial, industrial and residential sites, and plan and monitor their construction, maintenance and rehabilitation.
- developing new or improved theories and methods in landscape architecture
- inspecting sites and consulting clients, management and other stakeholders to determine type, style and size of proposed buildings, parks, roads and other open spaces
- (c). compiling and analyzing site and community data about geographical and ecological features, landforms, soils, vegetation, site hydrology, visual characteristics and human-made structures, to formulate and use and development recommendations, and for preparing environmental impact statements
- preparing reports, site plans, working drawings, specifications and cost estimates for land development, showing location and details of proposals, including ground modeling, structures, vegetation and access
- writing specifications and contract documents for use by builders and civil engineering contractors and calling tenders on behalf of clients
- making necessary contacts to ensure feasibility of projects regarding style, cost, timing, and compliance with regulations
- identifying and finding best solutions for problems regarding function and quality of exterior environments and making necessary designs, drawings and plans
- monitoring construction or rehabilitation work to ensure compliance with specifications and quality standards
- maintaining technical liaison and consultancy with other relevant specialists.
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2065