Building architects design commercial, industrial, institutional, residential and recreational buildings and plan and monitor their construction, maintenance and rehabilitation.
- developing new or improved architectural theories and methods
- inspecting sites and consulting clients, management and other stakeholders to determine type, style and size of proposed buildings and alterations to existing buildings
- providing information regarding designs, materials and estimated building times
- preparing project documentation, including sketches and scale drawings, and integrating structural, mechanical and aesthetic elements in final designs
- writing specifications and contract documents for use by builders and calling tenders on behalf of clients
- making necessary contacts to ensure feasibility of projects regarding style, cost, timing, and compliance with regulations
- identifying and finding best solutions for problems regarding function and quality of interior environments of buildings and making necessary designs, drawings and plans
- (h) monitoring construction or rehabilitation work to ensure compliance with specifications and quality standards
- (i) maintaining technical liaison and consultancy with other relevant specialists.
Architect, commercial building
Architect, industrial building
Architect, institutional building
Architect, recreational building
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2064