Civil engineers conduct research, advise on, design, and direct construction; manage the operation and maintenance of civil engineering structures; or study and advise on technological aspects of particular materials.
- conducting research and developing new or improved theories and methods related to civil engineering
- advising on and designing structures such as bridges, dams, docks, roads, airports, railways, canals, pipelines, waste-disposal and flood-control systems, and industrial and other large buildings
- determining and specifying construction methods, materials and quality standards, and directing construction work
- establishing control systems to ensure efficient functioning of structures as well as safety and environmental protection
- organizing and directing maintenance and repair of existing civil engineering structures
- analyzing the behaviour of soil and rock when placed under pressure by proposed structures and designing structural foundations
- analyzing the stability of structures and testing the behaviour and durability of materials used in their construction.
Civil-engineer, aerodrome construction
Engineer (chief), building construction/ works
Civil-engineer, highway, street construction and bridge construction
Civil-engineer, public health/ sanitary
Civil-engineer, railway construction
Civil-engineer, soil mechanics
Technologist (building materials/ civil works)/Tester, cement
Civil-engineer, other /Engineer, civil/Engineer, dredging/Engineer, geotechnical Engineer, hydraulics/Engineer, hydrology/Engineer, irrigation/ Engineer, public health/Engineer, sanitary/Engineer, soil mechanics/ Engineer, structural/ engineer, n.e.c.
Source: Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, PSCO-2055