Work Styles are personality characteristics of an individual that can affect how well someone performs a job. The taxonomy of workstyle is assessed based on the O*NET taxonomy (Borman et. al.,1999) that is conceptualized utilizing constructs from personality assessment models like Five Factor Model, Big 5, Hogan etc.. The details of the various dimensions assessed are provided below
Achievement Orientation-Personal goal setting, trying to succeed at those goals, and striving to be competent in own work
- Achievement/Effort-Establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Persistence- Persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Initiative- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
Social Influence- Having an impact on others in the organization, and displaying energy and leadership
- Energy – Energy and stamina to accomplish work tasks
- Leadership- Willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
Interpersonal Orientation- Being pleasant, cooperative, sensitive to others, easy to get along with, and having a preference for associating with other organization members
- Cooperation - Being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Concern for Others - Being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Social Orientation - Preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job.
Adjustment - Maturity, poise, flexibility, and restraint to cope with pressure, stress, criticism, setbacks, personal and work-related problems, etc.
- Self Control - Maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Stress Tolerance - Accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
Conscientiousness - Dependability, commitment to doing the job correctly and carefully, and being trustworthy, accountable, and attentive to details
- Dependability- Being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail - Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Integrity - Being honest and ethical.
Independence - Developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
Practical Intelligence - Generating useful ideas and thinking things through logically
- Innovation - Creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- Analytical Thinking - Analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problem
For further details ,please do refer to O*NET