Job Title ( International classification ):
Refuse sorters identify, collect and sort discarded items suitable for recycling at dump sites and recycling enterprises or in buildings, streets and other public places.
Main Tasks include -
- (a) searching through refuse and collecting items for recycling from dump sites, domestic, commercial and industrial premises or from public places such as streets
- (b) sorting cardboard, paper, glass, plastic, aluminium or other recyclable materials by type
- (c) placing recyclable items and materials in designated compartments and containers for storage or transportation
- (d) identifying and setting aside items of furniture, equipment, machinery, or components that are suitable for repair or re-use
- (e) transporting recyclable items by hand or using non-motorized vehicles (f) selling recyclable or reusable materials.
Examples of the occupations classified here:
Some related occupations classified elsewhere:
Refuse collector - 9611
Street sweeper - 9613
Careers ( AUS/NZ Standards ):
Careers ( Canadian Standards ):
Careers ( Pakistan Standards):