7234-Bicycle and related repairers
Main Tasks include -
- (a) examining, servicing and repairing bicycles and other non-motorized transport equipment
- (b) cleaning and lubricating bearings and other moving parts
- (c) replacing and repairing components and accessories, such as brakes, driving chain mechanism, wheels, handle bars etc.
- (d) changing tyres and controlling air pressure
- (e) spray painting frames
- (f) assembling new bicycles, wheelchairs and similar non-motorized equipment.
Examples of the occupations classified here:
- Bicycle mechanic
- Bicycle repairer
- Perambulator repairer
- Wheelchair repairer
Some related occupations classified elsewhere:
- Moped repairer - 7231
- Motorized rickshaw mechanic - 7231