Salary LevelMuch Below Average
|Title||Job Zone Two: Some Preparation Needed|
|Experience||Some previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is usually needed. For example, a teller would benefit from experience working directly with the public.|
|Education||These occupations usually require a high school diploma.|
|Job Training||Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few months to one year of working with experienced employees. A recognized apprenticeship program may be associated with these occupations.|
|Examples||These occupations often involve using your knowledge and skills to help others. Examples include sheet metal workers, forest fire fighters, customer service representatives, physical therapist aides, salespersons (retail), and tellers.|
|SVP Range||(4.0 to 6.0)|
- Majority (57) percent of respondents had : High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Some (28.37) percent of respondents had :Less than a High School Diploma
- Some (7.08) percent of respondents had :Bachelor's Degree
Interest Code : SEC
- Social-Social occupations frequently involve working with, communicating with, and teaching people. These occupations often involve helping or providing service to others.
- Enterprising-Enterprising occupations frequently involve starting up and carrying out projects. These occupations can involve leading people and making many decisions. Sometimes they require risk taking and often deal with business.
- Conventional-Conventional occupations frequently involve following set procedures and routines. These occupations can include working with data and details more than with ideas. Usually there is a clear line of authority to follow.
- Oral Comprehension-The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression-The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Recognition-The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Speech Clarity-The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Time Sharing-The ability to shift back and forth between two or more activities or sources of information (such as speech, sounds, touch, or other sources).
- Near Vision-The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Dependability-Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Self Control-Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Attention to Detail-Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation-Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Stress Tolerance-Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Social Orientation-Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job.
Top 3 Values
- Relationships-Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to provide service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment. Corresponding needs are Co-workers, Moral Values and Social Service.
- Support-Occupations that satisfy this work value offer supportive management that stands behind employees. Corresponding needs are Company Policies, Supervision: Human Relations and Supervision: Technical.
- Achievement-Occupations that satisfy this work value are results oriented and allow employees to use their strongest abilities, giving them a feeling of accomplishment. Corresponding needs are Ability Utilization and Achievement.
- Active Listening-Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking-Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Service Orientation-Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness-Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination-Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Monitoring-Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Customer and Personal Service-Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language-Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Sales and Marketing-Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Food Production-Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing, and harvesting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
- Administration and Management-Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Mathematics-Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Take orders from patrons for food or beverages.
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Check patrons' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Collect payments from customers.
- Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Clean tables or counters after patrons have finished dining.
- Getting Information-Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Performing for or Working Directly with the Public-Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving customers in restaurants and stores, and receiving clients or guests.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates-Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships-Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others-Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings-Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Contact With Others-This job require the worker to be in contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise) in order to perform it?
- Face-to-Face Discussions-Mostly you have to have face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams in this job?
- Spend Time Walking and Running-Mostly this job requires walking and running
- Spend Time Standing-Mostly this job requires standing
- Work With Work Group or Team-Important to work with others in a group or team in this job
- Physical Proximity-Mostly this job require the worker to perform job tasks in close physical proximity to other people
- Telephone-Mostly you have telephone conversations in this job
- Deal With External Customers-Important to work with external customers or the public in this job
- Point of sale POS software e.g. Compris Advanced Manager's Workstation
- Web page creation and editing software e.g. Facebook
- Point of sale POS software e.g. Hospitality Control Solutions Aloha Point-of-Sale
- Paging controllers e.g.Alphanumeric paging equipment
- Commercial use cutlery e.g.Carving knives
- Cash registers
- Magnetic stripe readers and encoders e.g.Credit card processing machines
- Personal digital assistant PDAs or organizers e.g.Personal digital assistants PDA
- Point of sale POS receipt printers e.g.Point of sale POS printers
- Point of sale POS terminal e.g.Point of sale POS terminals
- Point of sale POS terminal e.g.Point of service workstations
- Bar code reader equipment e.g.Portable bar code scanners
- Touch screen monitors
Accommodation and Food Services (92%)
For more details on industries and there classification, refer here
For more details on industries and there classification, refer here