Salary LevelBelow Average
|Title||Job Zone Two: Some Preparation Needed|
|Experience||Some previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is usually needed. For example, a teller would benefit from experience working directly with the public.|
|Education||These occupations usually require a high school diploma.|
|Job Training||Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few months to one year of working with experienced employees. A recognized apprenticeship program may be associated with these occupations.|
|Examples||These occupations often involve using your knowledge and skills to help others. Examples include sheet metal workers, forest fire fighters, customer service representatives, physical therapist aides, salespersons (retail), and tellers.|
|SVP Range||(4.0 to 6.0)|
- Majority (56.81) percent of respondents had : Less than a High School Diploma
- Some (37.13) percent of respondents had :High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Some (3.83) percent of respondents had :Some College Courses
Interest Code : R
- Realistic-Realistic occupations frequently involve work activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions. They often deal with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery. Many of the occupations require working outside, and do not involve a lot of paperwork or working closely with others.
- Control Precision-The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Problem Sensitivity-The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Manual Dexterity-The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Multilimb Coordination-The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Reaction Time-The ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness-The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Cooperation-Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Attention to Detail-Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Concern for Others-Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Dependability-Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Self Control-Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Integrity-Job requires being honest and ethical.
Top 3 Values
- Relationships-Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to provide service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment. Corresponding needs are Co-workers, Moral Values and Social Service.
- Support-Occupations that satisfy this work value offer supportive management that stands behind employees. Corresponding needs are Company Policies, Supervision: Human Relations and Supervision: Technical.
- Independence-Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to work on their own and make decisions. Corresponding needs are Creativity, Responsibility and Autonomy.
- Operation and Control-Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Operation Monitoring-Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Critical Thinking-Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring-Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Complex Problem Solving-Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Speaking-Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Customer and Personal Service-Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Mechanical-Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Public Safety and Security-Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Production and Processing-Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Transportation-Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Education and Training-Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Operate shredding and chipping equipment, and feed limbs and brush into the machines.
- Operate boom trucks, loaders, stump chippers, brush chippers, tractors, power saws, trucks, sprayers, and other equipment and tools.
- Cut away dead and excess branches from trees, or clear branches around power lines, using climbing equipment or buckets of extended truck booms, or chainsaws, hooks, handsaws, shears, and clippers.
- Clean, sharpen, and lubricate tools and equipment.
- Hoist tools and equipment to tree trimmers, and lower branches with ropes or block and tackle.
- Climb trees, using climbing hooks and belts, or climb ladders to gain access to work areas.
- Supervise others engaged in tree trimming work and train lower-level employees.
- Trim, top, and reshape trees to achieve attractive shapes or to remove low-hanging branches.
- Plan and develop budgets for tree work, and estimate the monetary value of trees.
- Load debris and refuse onto trucks and haul it away for disposal.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material-Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment-Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, passenger vehicles, aircraft, or water craft.
- Performing General Physical Activities-Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Getting Information-Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Handling and Moving Objects-Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings-Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Outdoors, Exposed to Weather-Mostly this job require working outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions
- Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable-Mostly this job require working exposed to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets-Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hard hats or life jackets
- Face-to-Face Discussions-Mostly you have to have face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams in this job?
- Exposed to Hazardous Equipment-Mostly this job require exposure to hazardous equipment
- Spend Time Using Your Hands to Handle, Control, or Feel Objects, Tools, or Controls-Mostly this job requires using your hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls
- Exposed to Contaminants-Mostly this job require working exposed to contaminants (such as pollutants, gases, dust or odors)
- Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings-Mostly this job require exposure to minor burns, cuts, bites, or stings
- Spreadsheet software e.g. Microsoft Excel
- Electronic mail software e.g. Microsoft Outlook
- Word processing software e.g. Microsoft Word
- Augers e.g.Agricultural augers
- Aerial working platform truck e.g.Boom trucks
- Power chippers e.g.Brush chippers
- Dump trucks e.g.Brush trucks
- Aerial working platform truck e.g.Bucket trucks
- Secateurs or pruning shears e.g.Bypass pruners
- Flatbed trailers e.g.Cargo trailers
- Mixers or agitators e.g.Chemical mixers
- Garden shredder e.g.Chipper shredders
- Dump trucks e.g.Chipper trucks