Salary LevelMuch Below Average
|Title||Job Zone Two: Some Preparation Needed|
|Experience||Some previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is usually needed. For example, a teller would benefit from experience working directly with the public.|
|Education||These occupations usually require a high school diploma.|
|Job Training||Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few months to one year of working with experienced employees. A recognized apprenticeship program may be associated with these occupations.|
|Examples||These occupations often involve using your knowledge and skills to help others. Examples include sheet metal workers, forest fire fighters, customer service representatives, physical therapist aides, salespersons (retail), and tellers.|
|SVP Range||(4.0 to 6.0)|
- Majority (78.68) percent of respondents had : High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Some (11.53) percent of respondents had :Some College Courses
- Some (5.14) percent of respondents had :Bachelor's Degree
Interest Code : RE
- Realistic-Realistic occupations frequently involve work activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions. They often deal with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery. Many of the occupations require working outside, and do not involve a lot of paperwork or working closely with others.
- Enterprising-Enterprising occupations frequently involve starting up and carrying out projects. These occupations can involve leading people and making many decisions. Sometimes they require risk taking and often deal with business.
- Far Vision-The ability to see details at a distance.
- Oral Comprehension-The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Near Vision-The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Control Precision-The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Multilimb Coordination-The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Response Orientation-The ability to choose quickly between two or more movements in response to two or more different signals (lights, sounds, pictures). It includes the speed with which the correct response is started with the hand, foot, or other body part.
- Self Control-Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Cooperation-Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Integrity-Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Dependability-Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail-Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Concern for Others-Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
Top 3 Values
- Independence-Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to work on their own and make decisions. Corresponding needs are Creativity, Responsibility and Autonomy.
- Support-Occupations that satisfy this work value offer supportive management that stands behind employees. Corresponding needs are Company Policies, Supervision: Human Relations and Supervision: Technical.
- Working Conditions-Occupations that satisfy this work value offer job security and good working conditions. Corresponding needs are Activity, Compensation, Independence, Security, Variety and Working Conditions.
- Active Listening-Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Operation and Control-Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Speaking-Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring-Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness-Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Service Orientation-Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Transportation-Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Customer and Personal Service-Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Public Safety and Security-Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- English Language-Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Law and Government-Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Clerical-Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Test vehicle equipment, such as lights, brakes, horns, or windshield wipers, to ensure proper operation.
- Follow relevant safety regulations and state laws governing vehicle operation and ensure that passengers follow safety regulations.
- Notify dispatchers or company mechanics of vehicle problems.
- Drive taxicabs, limousines, company cars, or privately owned vehicles to transport passengers.
- Provide passengers with assistance entering and exiting vehicles and help them with any luggage.
- Complete accident reports when necessary.
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance, such as regulating tire pressure and adding gasoline, oil, and water.
- Pick up passengers at prearranged locations, at taxi stands, or by cruising streets in high traffic areas.
- Communicate with dispatchers by radio, telephone, or computer to exchange information and receive requests for passenger service.
- Arrange to pick up particular customers or groups on a regular schedule.
- Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment-Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, passenger vehicles, aircraft, or water craft.
- Getting Information-Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material-Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates-Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Performing for or Working Directly with the Public-Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving customers in restaurants and stores, and receiving clients or guests.
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events-Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment-Mostly this job require working in a closed vehicle or equipment (e.g., car)
- Contact With Others-This job require the worker to be in contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise) in order to perform it?
- Face-to-Face Discussions-Mostly you have to have face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams in this job?
- Deal With External Customers-Important to work with external customers or the public in this job
- Outdoors, Exposed to Weather-Mostly this job require working outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions
- Physical Proximity-Mostly this job require the worker to perform job tasks in close physical proximity to other people
- Work With Work Group or Team-Important to work with others in a group or team in this job
- Spend Time Sitting-Mostly this job requires sitting
- Data base user interface and query software e.g. Actsoft Comet
- Mobile location based services software e.g. Digital Dispatch
- Web page creation and editing software e.g. Facebook
- Mobile location based services software e.g. GPC Autocab
- Spreadsheet software e.g. Microsoft Excel
- Office suite software e.g. Microsoft Office
- Operating system software e.g. Microsoft Windows
- Mobile location based services software e.g. Mobile Knowledge Cabmate
- Data base user interface and query software e.g. Penchant Software dispatchOffice
- Mobile location based services software e.g. Piccolo Software PiccoloTaxi
- Alarm systems e.g.Alarms
- Touring bicycles e.g.Bicycle taxis
- Surveillance video or audio recorders e.g.Closed-circuit TV cameras
- Thin client computers e.g.Communications computers
- Magnetic stripe readers and encoders e.g.Credit card processing machines
- Global positioning system GPS receiver e.g.Global positioning system GPS receivers
- Notebook computers e.g.Mobile data computers
- Point of sale POS terminal e.g.Mobile electronic funds transfer point of sale EFTPOS equipment
- Point of sale POS receipt printers e.g.Mobile electronic funds transfer point of sale EFTPOS printers