Salary LevelMuch Below Average
|Title||Job Zone Two: Some Preparation Needed|
|Experience||Some previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is usually needed. For example, a teller would benefit from experience working directly with the public.|
|Education||These occupations usually require a high school diploma.|
|Job Training||Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few months to one year of working with experienced employees. A recognized apprenticeship program may be associated with these occupations.|
|Examples||These occupations often involve using your knowledge and skills to help others. Examples include sheet metal workers, forest fire fighters, customer service representatives, physical therapist aides, salespersons (retail), and tellers.|
|SVP Range||(4.0 to 6.0)|
- Majority (67.55) percent of respondents had : Post-Secondary Certificate - awarded for training completed after high school (for example, in Personnel Services, Engineering-related Technologies, Vocational Home Economics, Construction Trades, Mechanics and Repairers, Precision Production Trades)
- Some (18.35) percent of respondents had :High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Some (13.05) percent of respondents had :Less than a High School Diploma
Interest Code : REC
- Realistic-Realistic occupations frequently involve work activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions. They often deal with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery. Many of the occupations require working outside, and do not involve a lot of paperwork or working closely with others.
- Enterprising-Enterprising occupations frequently involve starting up and carrying out projects. These occupations can involve leading people and making many decisions. Sometimes they require risk taking and often deal with business.
- Conventional-Conventional occupations frequently involve following set procedures and routines. These occupations can include working with data and details more than with ideas. Usually there is a clear line of authority to follow.
- Oral Comprehension-The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression-The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity-The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness-The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Near Vision-The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Manual Dexterity-The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Self Control-Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Dependability-Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Concern for Others-Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Stress Tolerance-Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility-Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Integrity-Job requires being honest and ethical.
Top 3 Values
- Relationships-Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to provide service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment. Corresponding needs are Co-workers, Moral Values and Social Service.
- Support-Occupations that satisfy this work value offer supportive management that stands behind employees. Corresponding needs are Company Policies, Supervision: Human Relations and Supervision: Technical.
- Achievement-Occupations that satisfy this work value are results oriented and allow employees to use their strongest abilities, giving them a feeling of accomplishment. Corresponding needs are Ability Utilization and Achievement.
- Speaking-Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening-Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation-Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Monitoring-Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Social Perceptiveness-Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination-Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Customer and Personal Service-Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language-Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Sales and Marketing-Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Public Safety and Security-Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Chemistry-Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Education and Training-Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Massage, shampoo, and condition patron's hair and scalp to clean them and remove excess oil.
- Advise patrons with chronic or potentially contagious scalp conditions to seek medical treatment.
- Maintain treatment records.
- Treat scalp conditions and hair loss, using specialized lotions, shampoos, or equipment such as infrared lamps or vibrating equipment.
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings-Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates-Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Performing for or Working Directly with the Public-Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving customers in restaurants and stores, and receiving clients or guests.
- Assisting and Caring for Others-Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships-Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work-Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Indoors, Environmentally Controlled-Mostly this job require working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Contact With Others-This job require the worker to be in contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise) in order to perform it?
- Spend Time Standing-Mostly this job requires standing
- Importance of Being Exact or Accurate-Required to be very exact or highly accurate in performing this job
- Physical Proximity-Mostly this job require the worker to perform job tasks in close physical proximity to other people
- Spend Time Using Your Hands to Handle, Control, or Feel Objects, Tools, or Controls-Mostly this job requires using your hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls
- Face-to-Face Discussions-Mostly you have to have face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams in this job?
- Work With Work Group or Team-Important to work with others in a group or team in this job
- Calendar and scheduling software e.g. Appointment scheduling software
- Data base user interface and query software e.g. Data entry software
- Electronic mail software e.g. Email software
- Inventory management software e.g. Inventory tracking software
- Internet browser software e.g. Web browser software
- Clothes dryers e.g.Commercial dryers
- Laundry type washing machines e.g.Commercial washing machines
- Domestic coffee makers e.g.Electric coffeemakers
- Hair combs or brushes e.g.Hair brushes
- Hair combs or brushes e.g.Hair combs
- Hair care supplies e.g.Hair rollers
- Infrared lamps e.g.Infrared heat lamps
- Special purpose telephones e.g.Multiline telephone systems
- Hair care supplies e.g.Permanent rods
- Personal computers