Salary LevelMuch Below Average
|Title||Job Zone Two: Some Preparation Needed|
|Experience||Some previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is usually needed. For example, a teller would benefit from experience working directly with the public.|
|Education||These occupations usually require a high school diploma.|
|Job Training||Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few months to one year of working with experienced employees. A recognized apprenticeship program may be associated with these occupations.|
|Examples||These occupations often involve using your knowledge and skills to help others. Examples include sheet metal workers, forest fire fighters, customer service representatives, physical therapist aides, salespersons (retail), and tellers.|
|SVP Range||(4.0 to 6.0)|
- Majority (64.84) percent of respondents had : High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Some (22.02) percent of respondents had :Less than a High School Diploma
- Some (7.68) percent of respondents had :Some College Courses
Interest Code : SEC
- Social-Social occupations frequently involve working with, communicating with, and teaching people. These occupations often involve helping or providing service to others.
- Enterprising-Enterprising occupations frequently involve starting up and carrying out projects. These occupations can involve leading people and making many decisions. Sometimes they require risk taking and often deal with business.
- Conventional-Conventional occupations frequently involve following set procedures and routines. These occupations can include working with data and details more than with ideas. Usually there is a clear line of authority to follow.
- Speech Recognition-The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Oral Comprehension-The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Speech Clarity-The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Oral Expression-The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity-The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Trunk Strength-The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- Self Control-Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Dependability-Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation-Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Attention to Detail-Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Integrity-Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Social Orientation-Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job.
Top 3 Values
- Relationships-Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to provide service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment. Corresponding needs are Co-workers, Moral Values and Social Service.
- Support-Occupations that satisfy this work value offer supportive management that stands behind employees. Corresponding needs are Company Policies, Supervision: Human Relations and Supervision: Technical.
- Independence-Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to work on their own and make decisions. Corresponding needs are Creativity, Responsibility and Autonomy.
- Speaking-Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening-Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation-Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness-Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Monitoring-Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Coordination-Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Customer and Personal Service-Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language-Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Public Safety and Security-Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Education and Training-Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Sales and Marketing-Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Administration and Management-Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Clean and polish footwear, using brushes, sponges, cleaning fluid, polishes, waxes, liquid or sole dressing, and daubers.
- Provide towels and sheets to clients in public baths, steam rooms, and restrooms.
- Activate emergency action plans and administer first aid, as necessary.
- Assign dressing room facilities, locker space, or clothing containers to patrons of athletic or bathing establishments.
- Check supplies to ensure adequate availability, and order new supplies when necessary.
- Monitor patrons' facility use to ensure that rules and regulations are followed, and safety and order are maintained.
- Clean facilities such as floors or locker rooms.
- Procure beverages, food, and other items as requested.
- Collect soiled linen or clothing for laundering.
- Answer customer inquiries or explain cost, availability, policies, and procedures of facilities.
- Getting Information-Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships-Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Performing for or Working Directly with the Public-Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving customers in restaurants and stores, and receiving clients or guests.
- Judging the Qualities of Things, Services, or People-Assessing the value, importance, or quality of things or people.
- Performing General Physical Activities-Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events-Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Contact With Others-This job require the worker to be in contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise) in order to perform it?
- Indoors, Environmentally Controlled-Mostly this job require working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Face-to-Face Discussions-Mostly you have to have face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams in this job?
- Deal With External Customers-Important to work with external customers or the public in this job
- Spend Time Standing-Mostly this job requires standing
- Spend Time Using Your Hands to Handle, Control, or Feel Objects, Tools, or Controls-Mostly this job requires using your hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls
- Work With Work Group or Team-Important to work with others in a group or team in this job
- Freedom to Make Decisions-The job offers decision making freedom without supervision
- Data base user interface and query software e.g. Data entry software
- Spreadsheet software e.g. IBM Lotus 1-2-3
- Inventory management software e.g. IntelliTrack DMS Check In-Out
- Spreadsheet software e.g. Microsoft Excel
- Office suite software e.g. Microsoft Office
- Word processing software e.g. Microsoft Word
- Inventory management software e.g. SportSoft Equipment Manager
- Internet browser software e.g. Web browser software
- Desktop computers
- Dust mops
- Floor scrubbers e.g.Floor scrubbing machines
- Clothes dryers e.g.Industrial clothes dryers
- Vacuum cleaners e.g.Industrial vacuum cleaners
- Laundry type washing machines e.g.Light commercial washing machines
- Personal computers
- Automatic pool cleaner e.g.Pool vacuums
- Brooms e.g.Push brooms
- Laundry type washing machines e.g.Washer extractors