Salary LevelMuch Below Average
|Title||Job Zone Two: Some Preparation Needed|
|Experience||Some previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is usually needed. For example, a teller would benefit from experience working directly with the public.|
|Education||These occupations usually require a high school diploma.|
|Job Training||Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few months to one year of working with experienced employees. A recognized apprenticeship program may be associated with these occupations.|
|Examples||These occupations often involve using your knowledge and skills to help others. Examples include sheet metal workers, forest fire fighters, customer service representatives, physical therapist aides, salespersons (retail), and tellers.|
|SVP Range||(4.0 to 6.0)|
- Majority (48.69) percent of respondents had : High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Some (26.83) percent of respondents had :Post-Secondary Certificate - awarded for training completed after high school (for example, in Personnel Services, Engineering-related Technologies, Vocational Home Economics, Construction Trades, Mechanics and Repairers, Precision Production Trades)
- Some (9.69) percent of respondents had :Master's Degree
Interest Code : R
- Realistic-Realistic occupations frequently involve work activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions. They often deal with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery. Many of the occupations require working outside, and do not involve a lot of paperwork or working closely with others.
- Manual Dexterity-The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness-The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Multilimb Coordination-The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Oral Comprehension-The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Problem Sensitivity-The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Trunk Strength-The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- Attention to Detail-Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Persistence-Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Cooperation-Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Integrity-Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Initiative-Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Self Control-Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
Top 3 Values
- Support-Occupations that satisfy this work value offer supportive management that stands behind employees. Corresponding needs are Company Policies, Supervision: Human Relations and Supervision: Technical.
- Relationships-Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to provide service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment. Corresponding needs are Co-workers, Moral Values and Social Service.
- Independence-Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to work on their own and make decisions. Corresponding needs are Creativity, Responsibility and Autonomy.
- Active Listening-Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking-Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring-Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Judgment and Decision Making-Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Coordination-Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Active Learning-Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Building and Construction-Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Customer and Personal Service-Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Mechanical-Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Mathematics-Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language-Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management-Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Measure, cut, thread and assemble new pipe, placing the assembled pipe in hangers or other supports.
- Cut or drill holes in walls or floors to accommodate the passage of pipes.
- Perform rough-ins, repair and replace fixtures and water heaters, and locate, repair, or remove leaking or broken pipes.
- Assist pipe fitters in the layout, assembly, and installation of piping for air, ammonia, gas, and water systems.
- Install gas burners to convert furnaces from wood, coal, or oil.
- Cut pipe and lift up to fitters.
- Fit or assist in fitting valves, couplings, or assemblies to tanks, pumps, or systems, using hand tools.
- Requisition tools and equipment, select type and size of pipe, and collect and transport materials and equipment to work site.
- Mount brackets and hangers on walls and ceilings to hold pipes, and set sleeves or inserts to provide support for pipes.
- Excavate and grade ditches, and lay and join pipe for water and sewer service.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material-Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards-Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Getting Information-Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Handling and Moving Objects-Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Thinking Creatively-Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Performing General Physical Activities-Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Spend Time Using Your Hands to Handle, Control, or Feel Objects, Tools, or Controls-Mostly this job requires using your hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls
- Outdoors, Exposed to Weather-Mostly this job require working outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions
- Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets-Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hard hats or life jackets
- In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment-Mostly this job require working in a closed vehicle or equipment (e.g., car)
- Spend Time Standing-Mostly this job requires standing
- Face-to-Face Discussions-Mostly you have to have face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams in this job?
- Contact With Others-This job require the worker to be in contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise) in order to perform it?
- Spend Time Bending or Twisting the Body-Mostlt this job require bending or twisting your body
- Spreadsheet software e.g. Microsoft Excel
- Office suite software e.g. Microsoft Office
- Word processing software e.g. Microsoft Word
- Adjustable wrenches
- Air compressors
- Pneumatic hammer e.g.Air hammers
- Pneumatic grinders e.g.Air operated grinders
- Pressure indicators e.g.Air pressure gauges
- Wire brushes e.g.Air wire brushes
- Pipe vises e.g.Aligning clamps
- Hex keys e.g.Allen wrenches
- Alternating current AC arc welder e.g.Alternating current AC welding equipment
- Voltage or current meters e.g.Amp meters