Salary LevelMuch Below Average
|Title||Job Zone One: Little or No Preparation Needed|
|Experience||Little or no previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for these occupations. For example, a person can become a waiter or waitress even if he/she has never worked before.|
|Education||Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.|
|Job Training||Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few days to a few months of training. Usually, an experienced worker could show you how to do the job.|
|Examples||These occupations involve following instructions and helping others. Examples include taxi drivers, amusement and recreation attendants, counter and rental clerks, construction laborers, continuous mining machine operators, and waiters/waitresses.|
|SVP Range||(Below 4.0)|
- Majority (55.31) percent of respondents had : Less than a High School Diploma
- Some (32.1) percent of respondents had :High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Some (5.38) percent of respondents had :Some College Courses
Interest Code : SRE
- Social-Social occupations frequently involve working with, communicating with, and teaching people. These occupations often involve helping or providing service to others.
- Realistic-Realistic occupations frequently involve work activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions. They often deal with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery. Many of the occupations require working outside, and do not involve a lot of paperwork or working closely with others.
- Enterprising-Enterprising occupations frequently involve starting up and carrying out projects. These occupations can involve leading people and making many decisions. Sometimes they require risk taking and often deal with business.
- Oral Comprehension-The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression-The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Near Vision-The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Speech Recognition-The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Problem Sensitivity-The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Speech Clarity-The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Integrity-Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Cooperation-Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Social Orientation-Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job.
- Self Control-Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Dependability-Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Stress Tolerance-Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
Top 3 Values
- Relationships-Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to provide service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment. Corresponding needs are Co-workers, Moral Values and Social Service.
- Support-Occupations that satisfy this work value offer supportive management that stands behind employees. Corresponding needs are Company Policies, Supervision: Human Relations and Supervision: Technical.
- Working Conditions-Occupations that satisfy this work value offer job security and good working conditions. Corresponding needs are Activity, Compensation, Independence, Security, Variety and Working Conditions.
- Monitoring-Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Service Orientation-Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Listening-Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking-Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Social Perceptiveness-Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination-Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Customer and Personal Service-Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language-Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Public Safety and Security-Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Administration and Management-Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Food Production-Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing, and harvesting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
- Education and Training-Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Examine trays to ensure that they contain required items.
- Place food servings on plates or trays according to orders or instructions.
- Monitor food distribution, ensuring that meals are delivered to the correct recipients and that guidelines, such as those for special diets, are followed.
- Load trays with accessories such as eating utensils, napkins, or condiments.
- Clean or sterilize dishes, kitchen utensils, equipment, or facilities.
- Monitor food preparation or serving techniques to ensure that proper procedures are followed.
- Take food orders and relay orders to kitchens or serving counters so they can be filled.
- Carry food, silverware, or linen on trays or use carts to carry trays.
- Determine where patients or patrons would like to eat their meals and help them get situated.
- Prepare food items, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, or beverages.
- Getting Information-Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Assisting and Caring for Others-Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
- Handling and Moving Objects-Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material-Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings-Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems-Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Contact With Others-This job require the worker to be in contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise) in order to perform it?
- Work With Work Group or Team-Important to work with others in a group or team in this job
- Spend Time Standing-Mostly this job requires standing
- Face-to-Face Discussions-Mostly you have to have face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams in this job?
- Indoors, Environmentally Controlled-Mostly this job require working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Physical Proximity-Mostly this job require the worker to perform job tasks in close physical proximity to other people
- Spend Time Walking and Running-Mostly this job requires walking and running
- Spend Time Using Your Hands to Handle, Control, or Feel Objects, Tools, or Controls-Mostly this job requires using your hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software e.g. Capital Codeworks MenuMax
- Data base user interface and query software e.g. CBORD Nutrition Service Suite
- Office suite software e.g. Microsoft Office
- Operating system software e.g. Microsoft Windows
- Data base user interface and query software e.g. Picis CareSuite Dietary Manager
- Point of sale POS software
- Desktop calculator e.g.10-key calculators
- Commercial use blenders e.g.Blenders
- Carbonated beverage dispenser e.g.Carbonated beverage dispensers
- Commercial use cutlery e.g.Carving knives
- Commercial use cutlery e.g.Chefs' knives
- Commercial use coffee or iced tea makers e.g.Commercial coffeemakers
- Commercial use dishwashers e.g.Commercial dishwashers
- Commercial use dishwashers e.g.Commercial glasswashers
- Desktop computers
- Ice dispensers e.g.Ice-making machines