Salary LevelMuch Below Average
|Title||Job Zone Two: Some Preparation Needed|
|Experience||Some previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is usually needed. For example, a teller would benefit from experience working directly with the public.|
|Education||These occupations usually require a high school diploma.|
|Job Training||Employees in these occupations need anywhere from a few months to one year of working with experienced employees. A recognized apprenticeship program may be associated with these occupations.|
|Examples||These occupations often involve using your knowledge and skills to help others. Examples include sheet metal workers, forest fire fighters, customer service representatives, physical therapist aides, salespersons (retail), and tellers.|
|SVP Range||(4.0 to 6.0)|
- Majority (54.67) percent of respondents had : High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Some (33.71) percent of respondents had :Less than a High School Diploma
- Some (10.69) percent of respondents had :Some College Courses
Interest Code : RC
- Realistic-Realistic occupations frequently involve work activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions. They often deal with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery. Many of the occupations require working outside, and do not involve a lot of paperwork or working closely with others.
- Conventional-Conventional occupations frequently involve following set procedures and routines. These occupations can include working with data and details more than with ideas. Usually there is a clear line of authority to follow.
- Near Vision-The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Comprehension-The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Problem Sensitivity-The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Speech Recognition-The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Speech Clarity-The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Oral Expression-The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Dependability-Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Self Control-Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Cooperation-Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Stress Tolerance-Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Attention to Detail-Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Initiative-Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
Top 3 Values
- Independence-Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to work on their own and make decisions. Corresponding needs are Creativity, Responsibility and Autonomy.
- Relationships-Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to provide service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non-competitive environment. Corresponding needs are Co-workers, Moral Values and Social Service.
- Support-Occupations that satisfy this work value offer supportive management that stands behind employees. Corresponding needs are Company Policies, Supervision: Human Relations and Supervision: Technical.
- Active Listening-Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension-Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking-Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking-Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination-Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Service Orientation-Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Customer and Personal Service-Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Food Production-Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing, and harvesting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
- Production and Processing-Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- English Language-Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics-Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Administration and Management-Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Clean food preparation equipment, work areas, and counters or tables.
- Perform food preparation tasks, such as making sandwiches, carving meats, making soups or salads, baking breads or desserts, and brewing coffee or tea.
- Perform general cleaning activities in kitchen and dining areas.
- Restock kitchen supplies, rotate food, and stamp the time and date on food in coolers.
- Grill, cook, and fry foods such as french fries, eggs, and pancakes.
- Plan work on orders so that items served together are finished at the same time.
- Take orders from customers and cook foods requiring short preparation times, according to customer requirements.
- Grill and garnish hamburgers or other meats, such as steaks and chops.
- Complete orders from steam tables, placing food on plates and serving customers at tables or counters.
- Order supplies and stock them on shelves.
- Getting Information-Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings-Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events-Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Handling and Moving Objects-Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Performing General Physical Activities-Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material-Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Spend Time Standing-Mostly this job requires standing
- Spend Time Using Your Hands to Handle, Control, or Feel Objects, Tools, or Controls-Mostly this job requires using your hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls
- Spend Time Making Repetitive Motions-Mostly this job require making repetitive motions
- Face-to-Face Discussions-Mostly you have to have face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams in this job?
- Time Pressure-This job require the worker to meet strict deadlines
- Contact With Others-This job require the worker to be in contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise) in order to perform it?
- Work With Work Group or Team-Important to work with others in a group or team in this job
- Physical Proximity-Mostly this job require the worker to perform job tasks in close physical proximity to other people
- Point of sale POS software e.g. Aldelo Systems Aldelo for Restaurants Pro
- Inventory management software e.g. Inventory control software
- Point of sale POS software e.g. Plexis Software Plexis POS
- Domestic apple corer e.g.Apple corers
- Domestic wooden oven paddle e.g.Bakers' peels
- Commercial use blenders e.g.Blenders
- Commercial use cutlery e.g.Boning knives
- Commercial use broilers e.g.Broilers
- Cappuccino or espresso machines e.g.Cappuccino makers
- Carbonated beverage dispenser e.g.Carbonated beverage dispensers
- Cash registers
- Commercial use cutlery e.g.Chefs' knives
- Domestic strainers or colanders e.g.Colanders