7534- Air transport ramp attendants
Air transport ramp attendants
Air transport ramp attendants operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment, handle cargo and baggage and perform other ground support duties at airports. They are employed by airline and air services companies and the federal government.
Air transport ramp attendants perform some or all of the following duties:
Drive and operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment such as towing tractors, food service trucks, de-icer sprayers and lavatory servicing trucks
Position passenger loading stairs and operate aircraft cargo doors
Marshal or tow aircrafts to gate positions for passenger boarding and deplaning and for loading and unloading of cargo
Sort and load cargo and passenger baggage according to instructions forwarded by load planner to achieve proper balance
Unload, sort and route cargo and baggage
Transport freight between aircraft and airport warehouse
Clean and prepare aircraft interior for passengers and wash aircraft exterior.
Completion of secondary school is usually required.
Experience operating baggage transporting equipment or warehouse experience may be required.
A driver's licence and a good driving record are usually required.
There is mobility among jobs in this unit group.
Similar O*NET Careers (USA) :
- First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators
- Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers
- Janitors and Cleaners, Except Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
- Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
- Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
- First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, and Material Movers, Hand
- Recycling Coordinators
- Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
- Tank Car, Truck, and Ship Loaders
Source Of Info:
National Occupation Classification, (2011)
Statistics Canada and Human Resources and Skills Development Canada,
Catalogue no. 12-583-X