Performs routine tasks in the production of printed materials.
- assisting with setting up, operating and adjusting machines
- maintaining and lubricating printing and bindery machines
- clearing waste and cleaning work areas and machines
- folding, collating and fastening printed products by machine and hand
- performing hand binding and finishing operations
- operating specialised machines such as casing-in and mini binders, and automatic carton folding and gluing machines
- carrying out routine quality control
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.995