Cleans, paints, repairs and maintains buildings, grounds and facilities.
- repairing broken windows, screens, doors, fences, barbecues, picnic tables, shelves, cupboards and other items
- replacing defective items such as light bulbs
- repairing and painting interior and exterior surfaces such as walls, ceilings and fences
- clearing rubbish and leaves from driveways and grounds
- mowing lawns and cultivating gardens
- adjusting doors and windows
- replacing tap washers
- putting up handrails and grab rails
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Reference Australian Bureau of Statistics
1220.0 - ANZSCO -- Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.989